Monday 24 March 2014

Much tweedieness . . .

It's all about the tweed the last wee while . . . making up for lost time???  I don't know, but I seem had to have set on the idea of filling my Big Cartel shop with a variety of tweedie gifts, as opposed to doing craft fairs at the moment (too much pressure!) - there's so much I want to make :) :)

I had a request from a family member to make some cushion covers first though this week - they're quite time consuming and I had other lovely, new 'tweedie'  ideas I wanted to try, so I got to work on them straight away . . .

I'll hopefully make another one to sell in my shop though too, so it was good practice to make these ones!  They have a flap closure on the reverse for easy removal of the cushion inner.  They use a lot of tweed - so not my cheapest product (this stuff is like gold dust - very pricey!).  It's worth it though ;-)

As soon as they were done, I wanted to have a go at making some 'tweedie' Easter cards, and here they are . . .


No text, just tweedieness, hehe!  I put the little blurb about Harris Tweed on the reverse of the cards . . . 


And finally, the 'tweedie' eggs - I did say I hoped to have a batch of them ready to show you - a lot of work to get them looking nice and 'egg' shaped' but I think it was worth it, I'm pleased with how they turned out - or rather rolled out, as they seem to be doing below! :)


It was lovely and sunny here yesterday so I got a nice pic of this one outside at the back of the house . . .


I was going to get a shot of all the eggs together but it didn't quite happen - they weren't playing ball and wouldn't sit nice and still in the branches of the trees I was going to photograph them in!  Well, they're a bit rotund and they rolled about a bit too much - naughty eggs!!

Well, from no tweed for months to a whole load of tweed - it's feast or famine here LOL :)

I will try and be back soon with a 'tweedie' egg as a Giveaway prize, before the Easter break hopefully - I need to recover a little from this burst of activity! - pheeeew, later gaters :)

Alison xx

4 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

all your products look fantastic!!!!!
xxxxxxx Ale

Biba said...

I absolutely adore the cards! Off to check your shop, I'd love to get them :)

Unknown said...

love ur makes!!! mezz xx

june at noon said...

Ah, glad to see some tweedying! Well done!